Monday 21 July 2014

Smokey 90's inspired makeup look

Going back to my MAC Warm Neutrals palette (I'm obsessed - I know) I decided to create a smokey, matte and sultry look.
I've been fixated on the nineties lately and have been sporting a more neutral, warm and polished look. With over drawn and extremely nude, Kyle Jenner inspired lips.


Base
I started off with the Benefit Porefessional, for a smooth matte base.
I then used a mixture of MAC's Face and Body foundation and Revlon Colour Stay - the oily/combination skin version.
I used Illamasqua's cream pigment in Hollow to contour the jaw, cheeks and nose.
I went in with MAC's prolong wear concealer in NW15 to highlight the face.

Eyes
On my eyes I used the MAC Warm Neutral's palette
First I primed with Soft Ochre paint pot
Brule - all over the lid
Sable - through the crease and lightly dusted over the lid
Illamasqua precision ink gel liner, for a strong wing
To soften and smoke the wing I used Dark Brew and Dance in the Dark layering and blending them over the gel liner to create a more sultry nineties look


Lips
On my lips I used MAC's lipliner in Whirl, I applied this all over then blotted several times before going in with MAC's faux lipstick. Because Faux is a Satin finish, I blotted and reapplied the lipstick also.


Face
I set my contour with Illamasqua's Sculpting duo  using Heliopolis where I wanted to create shadow and highlighting the tops of my cheeks with Lumos. 
I skipped blush and just added more of Heliopolis to the front of my cheeks to create a warmer neutral look.



I wore this makeup to work and I work in retail, so I'd say it was a suitable day time look as well as something a little glam for the evening.

I will hopefully be posting looks like this more regularly and my phone camera didn't do so bad this time!

Lots of love,

Ammy

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment